We are happy to announce the first-ever edition of the Humans of Film Festival will take place on the 4th, 5th, and 6th of September in LAB111.
Our festival aims to raise awareness on a variety of important social issues through human interest films, both fiction, and documentary. The theme The Human Perseverance will include six feature films, seven short films as well as a side program consisting of Q&As and talks with filmmakers and relevant organizations and members of different communities around Amsterdam. Find the full selection of films below, the complete program will be announced soon. Keep an eye on our socials and website or sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date!
– Amina (Kivilcim Akay, United States, 2019)
– Boys Who Like Girls (Inka Achte, Finland, 2018)
– Guie’dani’s Nave (Xavi Sala, Mexico, 2018)
– Queen of Lapa (Carolina Monnerat, Theodore Collatos, Brazil, 2019)
– The Ashram Children: I am No Body, I Have No Body (Jonathan Ofek, Israël, 2019)
– What happened to the bees? (Adriana Otero Puerto, Robin Canul Suárez, Mexico, 2019)
– Don’t Burst My Bubble (Victoria Malinjod, United Kingdom, 2019)
– I am Fatou (Amir Ramadan, Italy, 2019)
– In Plain Sight (Magnus Berggren, United Kingdom, 2019)
– Nobu (Sarah Blok, Netherlands, 2018)
– Reminiscence (César Zamudio de Souza, Peru, 2018)
– Ward’s Henna Party (Morad Mostafa, Egypt, 2019)
– Wild Grass (Doğuş Minsin, Turkey, 2019)
Warm regards | Stay safe!
– The Humans of Film Festival team